The death and birth The death and birth

Thoroughly enjoyed it

I'm not sure there's much you can do to improve it, except maybe stop it looping. I don't think it's too simple of subtle at all - it could work well in a longer movie, but I don't think it needs to be at all.

Bear Bear Bear Bear

This is a pretty serious achievement

You're obviously a very talented animator, that goes without saying. A nice art style, great sound and music. A well paced, well told, engaging story that can be analysed on several levels. It's really good - are you getting comissions on this stuff? Because you should be.

Sketchy Friends Dance Sketchy Friends Dance

Ah, I forget about this one

I checked this animation a long while ago, very nice - simple yet effective. Drawing have a nice charm too them too.

TheBoogley responds:

I'm hopefully going to make a new one of these for next month! :D

Moon Groove Moon Groove

Very nice

The one qualm I'd have is that I feel that the over all quality of the drawings could be improved.

Except for that, well done. I salute you sir for actually making a 'proper' pixel animation. So goddamn many people make 'pixel animations' that use tweens, or odly sized pixels, or anything else that doesn't fit into the grid the way it should. I absolutely applaud your dedication to process.

I look forward to seeing other exapmples of your work,

Hildebrandt responds:

Thanks, I know that everything could be done with more detail, but you know, if I start putting shades on one object, I need to continue that through the whole film and, well... I don't have that much time, unfortunately :D
Please, take a look at my other submissions.

If you seek... If you seek...

Nice animation

Well Animated, but it didn't really make me feel anything.

Probably not your fault, but of the fact that I am jaded and cynical. However, I have two main criticisms. Firstly, when the guy 'smiles' at the end, something about his face doesn't make him look all that happy to find this woman he's looking for. Not a huge thing really, but something I feel is important.

More importantly, as much as I love Akira Yamaoka and the silent hill sound track, in this instance all it really did was make me think of Silent Hill, I'd suggest you change the music to emphasise the message you're trying to send.

Keep animating, your content shows a lot of potential

-Love at First Sight- -Love at First Sight-

Damn you!

Why do you have to make such a good collab about Valentines Day?! I was determined to hate this animation, but I can't!

Where's more of Vinnie's stuff? He haven't posted in a while...

Zwickel responds:

Vinnie is a secretive gentleman.

Alfred's Playhouse Pt. 3 Alfred's Playhouse Pt. 3

A very nice series

I'm not completely sure about the sudden introduction of 'music videos', I thought your own manufactured audio was good enough by FAR. Even if you need to work on your editing/recording, using 'songs' doesn't quite fit with the rest of the animation.

Also I'm not so sure about the sudden introduction of dictator alfred. The character lays things out far too bluntly (in my opinion), I reckon that a lot of that dialogue works better as inference that the audience can pick up on.

All in all, a great idea though, if a little rough around the edges. Keep it up - it would be great to see you re-visit this animation with a more finished treatment some time.

Alfred's Playhouse Pt. 1 Alfred's Playhouse Pt. 1

This is so much better that alfred christ

I don't know if you've been associated with, or have suffered from a mental disorder yourself, but this animation is quite compelling.

It has good narrative structure, and quite an interesting construction of narrative. All together a very interesting animation. However the style itself gets in the way a LOT. Better drawings, banning the use of jpegs, and better audio editing would make this perfect. Good work though, I shall watch part two soon.

Alfred Christ Alfred Christ

I don't care about the religeous themes

But this is a bad animation.

No plot.

Glitchy, lazy animated jpegs.

Not great music.

Only slightly funny.

I'm finding it very hard to see any repealing features here. I'm going to check your other work out to see if this is a satirical animation, or whether your animation skills just aren't up to scratch.

I don't mean to make this sound harsh, I just think this animation could do with a LOT of work. The ideas put forward in the summary are quite appealing, just appalling execution of them.

Mario.swf Mario.swf

Refreshing

Glad to see someone trying to speak out against the stereotypical spite animation.

I like the message (obviously), but more so as a graphic designer I liked the rather sexual credits. Hot damn that was good.

Obvious limiting factors include length and complexity of the flash. Good work for a night though.